How to measure for your new made to measure blind
Measuring your windows is not a difficult task. Follow the instructions to ensure a good fit for your blinds. Please measure in centimeters although inches are exceptable.Before you start to measure you must first decide whether you would like your blind to hang inside or outside the window recess.
1) Measure the width in 3 different positions inside the window recess from wall to wall. Measure at the top, the middle and the bottom. The most important measurement to write down is the smallest one.
2) Measure the Drop (height) in 3 different positions inside the recess from the top of the recess to the window sill. Once again the most important measurement to write down is the smallest one.
3) Enter these measurements into the website. We make the appropriate allowances.
1) Measure the width of your window then add at least 12cm to allow for overlap.
2) Measure the drop (height) of your window and add at least 12cm to allow for overlap.
3) On Roller Blinds the exact width entered will be from bracket to bracket in between the brackets you would have your controls, this means your fabric will be 2cm to 3cm less. Ex:- A Roller Blind width of 60cm exact size from bracket to bracket would mean the fabric would be around 57cm to 58cm in width. Please take this into acount when measuring for your blind to go onto a door with a window, bay window or window with a small frame.
4) Remember to enter your sizes as Exact size when ordering for outside recess this will mean the blind will be made to your precise measurements.
Always measure every window as no two windows are the same size. Blinds are custom made to fit each window. Please re check your measurements before ordering your blinds, any help required measuring for bay windows, conservatorys or just general information please call our customer services on 0115 9837626 Monday to Friday 10.00am till 5.00pm